Sunday 4 November 2012

Television Tear Jerker

Last week, my friend sent me a text message telling me that she had just watched a commercial that left her in tears. She described a Carters commercial but I assumed that, since I had not seen it and I had not heard of the store, it was not in Canada.  Well, a few days ago, I was watching my daily addiction, "A Baby Story", living vicariously through the new moms, pushing and crying along with them, and then it happened.... that Carters commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_gtD5U9Bck

Are you bawling? I know I did. My husband was at work thankfully so he did not have to be subjected to the mess I had become after watching this 1 minute 1 second television add.  It left me feeling SO desperate for a child... a tiny human being--a mix of  my husband and me--a living, breathing, child of my own that depends on me for their existence.  As the commercial states, "When a child is born, so is a mom."  I wonder when I will be born... I wonder when I will hold that little one for the first time. I just cannot imagine the feel that must be, to know that you are FINALLY holding your baby. I know it will happen. I know this because I refuse to accept that it will not. I deserve to be a mom. I have the best mom in the world and I need to have the opportunity to give that unfaltering love and friendship to a child of my own. I have certainly learned from the best. That I know for sure. I love you mom :)

Perhaps when I have a child of my own, I will return to this blog post and watch the Carters commercial and, instead of feeling heartache, I will feel joy because I will be able to relate to the woman in the commercial snuggling her baby and I will be looking forward to things in the commercial... Then I will be "born."

1 comment:

  1. Totally know what you mean now! THIS MADE ME CRY TOO!

    ReplyDelete