Tuesday 6 November 2012

I think that's the last of them

When hubby and I found out we were expecting, we were less than quiet about it.  We told our close friends and family almost immediately.  The night I got my first positive test, I went to the drug store to buy another test and bumped into my cooperating teacher (the teacher I completed my internship with) and she was in the aisle with the tests. Obviously, she saw I was buying a test and, in the sheer thrill of seeing those lines, I told her I was pregnant. I have not seen her since that day... until today.

Today, I taught at the school I completed my internship in.  I made a beeline for her class in hopes that I would catch her alone to tell her that "things did not work out." When I saw her she was thrilled to see me and hugged me and asked how things were going. I just shook my head and you could tell that she felt awful.  I am so glad that that is the LAST person I need to tell about my loss. It is such a kick in the stomach ever single time. I can guarantee one thing, when I get pregnant again... WHEN not IF.... I will not be so quick to shout it from the rooftops. I am ready to move on from the darkness of my miscarriage... It is time to move forward...

A star cannot shine without darkness





1 comment:

  1. Love you! I was thinking about you on my lunch and I'm glad I stopped by! I still don't know if everyone knows about our loss. I was one to shout it from the rooftops as well. I announced on FB (hubby and I agreed that we wanted to celebrated the fact that we got pregnant and take it a day at a time). I don't regret our decision to share right away but now that I have gone through having to tell people we're no longer pregnant, I have decided we'll wait until we have that nice strong heartbeat before sharing outside of close family. I still cry time to time. Every time I see a cute outfit, a commercial or moment on tv that involves the love of a mother, hearing another BFP story on FB, etc. It's a huge slap in the face. We just have to keep moving forward. We have to find that closure that you have spoken of and move on, never forgetting our angel.

    ReplyDelete