Saturday 3 November 2012

A shout out to...

Instead of pissing and moaning about my fertility misfortunes, today I am going to send a thank you out to the biggest supports in my life. I have the most AMAZING friends and family. I am not sure how I would have ever managed to get through the past three years if I didn't have them surrounding me. Central to my support system has been a group of online buddies...

When I started my TTC (trying to conceive) journey, I decided to join a website called "Fertility Friend." There, I met some of the most incredible woman who have been such a huge support to me. On my down days, on my happier days and through some of my darkest days.... they were there. I could never name each of the women who have, in some way, touched my life through a computer screen BUT I will make a special point to recognize THREE of them.  I will use their screen names for privacy purposes.

Angelkitty
Oh girl, where so I start? We go way back. Back to when we learned about our husbands male factor infertility... back when the world felt like it was falling in on us and every step we took towards our babies left us three steps behind. You are such an amazing woman and I am incredibly grateful to have you in my life and even MORE grateful to be entering into an exciting new chapter of my life, right alongside you.  In less than two weeks, you start the IVF process and I start the IUI process. Here we are. We have waited so long for this and I am so excited to get that text from you telling me that you and your handsome hubby are expecting that miracle. You have been a pillar of strength for me and I hope that I have reciprocated with even half of the love and support you have given me. Here is her blog if you would like to follow her journey...

positivelywaiting.wordpress.com

Pepe
YOU are one of the strongest women I have ever known. Yup, that's right, YOU. I cannot imagine going through the heartache that you have in this TTC whirlwind. You listen to my whining and moaning about the everyday struggles of a woman aching for motherhood and here you are, in the same boat. just with a much more heart wrenching story. I could never compare my experience to yours but I want you to know that I share in it with you.  We talk everyday in some form or another and you are so significant in my life. I appreciate you beyond words. We WILL share in more than just a sad story, we WILL be mommies and we will share those beautiful, happy experiences together one day. I know it. 

Lyndsteach
It is actually uncanny the similarities in our stories. We are both teachers (who love our jobs--a rarity in this field), we both fell pregnant miraculously on our own before IUI and only days apart from one another. Sadly, we also lost that miracle within days of each other. Here we are, starting fresh and just about to get started on our first IUI cycles. We were meant to meet. I know that and I am so glad that I had your support during my loss. As awful as it is that we were both struggling with the same detriment, it was such a comfort to know that someone understood the anguish in my heart. I look forward to experiencing the JOY of a successful IUI and a beautiful take home baby. If you would like to read about Lynds's experience, here is her blog.  It is so beautifully written:

http://shehornfamily.blogspot.ca/

SO much love....

Rayof Sunshine






2 comments:

  1. That just made me cry....no bawl my eyes out. I can't even describe the pillar of support you have been for me. In every up and down of this journey you have been right beside me. And I am unbelievably thrilled to be entering the next chapter with you by my side. It just feels like we were meant to take this walk together. I love you more than words can express!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kinds words. We have both said...it's unfortunate we share such an emotional journey in common, but I'm so happy to have met you. It's absolutely NUTS that we are literally within days of each other for EVERYTHING! This IUI is going to be good for us. It's going to happen, I can feel it. It's going to happen for us soon! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete