Tuesday 19 February 2013

I saw God today...

That is what my status has read all day. Why? Because I did see him... I saw him in two beautiful, perfect little hearts beating at 120 and 122 this morning. TWO miracles measuring 6 weeks and 4 days. In that moment I was reminded that all of the crying and praying I did to become pregnant was so worth it. My hubby and I have struggled to have a baby for over three years and I was beginning to think I would never have a baby.  Here I am--pregnant... with TWINS :)

I saw the doctor at 10:30am and she did an internal ultrasound. She said nothing (neither did we) for about 10 mins... she just clicked pictures while she looked at the screen.... Finally, I said "please tell me something."  She explained that she was not sure what she was seeing and wanted to consult with a colleague before she told me anything.  What they were seeing was two heartbeats in two different sacs but there was a third sac that did not have a viable baby.  Hence the bleeding I had on Friday. The doctor reassured me that two babies were strong and growing but it appeared that my body "aborted" the third (charming huh?) and she explained that the risks with triplets are sky high and it may have been my body's way of knowing its limits.

After the ultrasound, the doctor examined me and told me to "start looking for maternity pants" because my uterus was measuring 10-11 weeks :) I guess we know why my pants are not fitting? Well, she gave me a high five and congratulated me on my babies... babies... imagine? I am growing two perfect little mixes of hubby and I...

My heart is overjoyed and I am just so excited to have such great news! Now I have to try and keep it to myself for as long as I can! It does not seem like I will be able to hide it for long though with this tummy!! Have a look!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats hun, so happy for you. Wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG tears of joy! LOVE LOVE LOVE Steph! YAY! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete