Sunday 14 April 2013

14 Weeks!

How far along? 14 weeks 1 day

How big are the babies? Now the size of your clenched fist, your baby is more fluid-like in his movements, so he’s no longer doing the jerk every time he repositions his arms and legs. Other developments this week include a roof of his own (inside his mouth, that is) as well as intestinal activity: His intestines are producing meconium (which is the waste that will make up his first bowel movement after birth). He is also sporting a downy coating of hair (lanugo) that keeps him nice and warm. Not to worry — you won't give birth to a monkey; baby fat will accumulate over the next few months and take over the function of keeping your baby warm and toasty —allowing most of that hair to shed.

Fetal Development Week 14

Weight gain/loss: I have actually lost 7 lbs since the beginning of the pregnancy. The doctor apparently is not worries so I am just hoping that the morning sickness eases off more and I can eat a little more.

Maternity clothes: Yup :) All maternity clothes. My shirts are okay because I like wearing lose empire wasted tops anyways.

Stretch marks: Nope. Bio oil every single day!

Best moment of the week: When our best friends announced to the rest of the world that they are expecting a week later than us!! :) 

Movement: Yes. My arsehole doctor tells me that I am "not feeling the babies yet" but I know I am. They tickle and flutter in my tummy on either side. I know it is them. I can put the doppler where I feel them and get a heartbeat right away! So boo on her and her negativity! Has SHE ever carried two babies? Unlikely. So there. 

Symptoms: Well. I throw up every day and the nausea and reflux is pretty much unbearable after supper. I always say that 3:30pm is my "peak puke time" haha  Other than that, my belly is getting bigger and my heart is full :)

Gender: Not sure! I am thinking boys!

Anything making you sick or queasy? Seems like everything makes me sick or queazy. 

Labor signs: Nope.

Wedding rings on/off: On

Mood: Great mood :) Loving my baby bump and LOVING the fact that my friends and family know about our miracles.

Looking forward to: May 17th :) Our Anatomy scan! Hotdogs or hamburgers? Or one of each?

Sleep: I am still a sleep machine. Bedtime is usually no later than 9:30/10:00pm

Here are the last few weeks' belly pics:

                 
 12 weeks                                      13 weeks                            14 weeks


Seems like I am bigger at 13 weeks! I may have had a fully belly :) xoxo Babies are growing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment